Tuesday 28 April 2015

Dan's Hydrangea Card

Design and Photograph World © Danielle Wilkinson - All rights reserved.

Some of the latest products to come into the shop are from STAMPENDOUS! and we are just in love with their Jumbo Cling Rubber Sets and co-ordinating dies like the set featured in the card above. This one is 'Cling Hydrangea Garden' that I have stamped and cut out. 

I used a Rangers Archival Wendy Vecchi 'Watering Can' ink pad for the stamping as I thought it was more subtle to use a grey than a black which may have looked too harsh. For colouring the flowers and leaves I used various Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads working with a Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool, which is great because it is small and round and easy to work with. Some of the Distress colours I used were 'Mowed Lawn', 'Seedless Preserves' and 'Victorian Velvet'. 

To make the centre of each of the flowers I used Rangers 'Daffodil' Liquid Pearls. I wanted the leaves to stand out more than the flowers, so used WOW! Clear Gloss Embossing Powder which created a beautiful shine. I stuck the flowers and leaves to the background paper using Stix2 foam pads to create a 3D effect. 

The wording is part of an A5 JOFY rubber stamp from PaperArtsy, JOFY Collection 26 which again I stamped in 'Watering Can'

Happy Card Making,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment