Friday 10 July 2015

You're the bees knees!



Photograph World© Geoff Wilkinson - Design World © Lyn Wilkinson All Rights Reserved

Take one PaperArtsy Stamp Set, JOFY Collection 30 from Jo Firth-Young and a WOW! Embossing Powder in Metallic Gold Rich and look what you get. A card which I think is simple in design but really quite beautiful. I used two rubber stamps from the collection, the large bee and one of the sentiments. It really is a great stamp set as it reminds me of Summer!



The base of the card is made from a beige/brown card, I think you can see the colour of the card better in the second picture. I stuck a piece of  'Milk' coloured Foundation card from Creative Expressions to the inside of the card using scotch double sided tape, so that the writing would show up and used a matching cream envelope.


 Photograph World© Geoff Wilkinson - Design World © Lyn Wilkinson 
All Rights Reserved


I used a Woodware Magic Anti-Static pad and rubbed it all over the card which is used to help eliminate smudges and fingerprints on the card. I have to be honest and say we use this every time we heat emboss. Next I used a VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad to stamp the bees and the sentiment and I started with the bees from the top doing one or two at a time. So I stamped, sprinkled the embossing powder, removed the excess and then used the heat tool, then repeated the process until all the bees were done. I did the 'You're the bees knees!' last as I didn't want to smudge anything!
                                           
Happy Crafting!
Dan
x


No comments:

Post a Comment