Friday 26 June 2015

Hello PEBEO…...

                                             Picture world © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved

The sun is out, the weather is warm and today I had that exciting "Summer Feeling". It is hard to explain and you are probably thinking where is this going but I think it has something to do with the nights being lighter for longer and  me thinking to myself nothing is impossible. So tonight I wanted to post something a bit different to reflect my bright mood. So the project in the photograph above is what tonight is all about….BRIGHTS!

Among all things crafty that I love, I am a fan of mixed media. I can't specifically tell you why but I think it is to do with my love of different textures, even when making my cards you will have seen that textures are important to me,  whether they be made with an embossing folder or the use of something like Rangers Glossy Accents.

Tonight's project is made using products from a French company called Pebeo, founded in 1919 and still family owned. I always say that at Craft Boutique at 84, it is really important for us to stock products  from companies that we like working with and Pebeo is no exception. They do a huge range of products offering what we think is fantastic quality.

So let me tell you how I made my project. It is done on a piece of square canvas board and the first step was to use Pebeo's Clear GEDEO Resin to create the sun effect in the top left hand corner and the streak effect on the left had side. I then used some of their Studio Acrylics Sand Gel in white to create the beautiful sand texture on the bottom right of the canvas. The resin and sand gel gives you great 3D textures as your base. You will notice in the middle I added a small piece of scrap booking paper as I wanted to see how the other products would work with it. I stuck it to the canvas by using a gloss gel, similar to a Claudine Hellmuth type product, I think a clear PVA glue would also work.

The colour itself is made by using a mix of PEBEO Vitrail, Fantasy Prisme and Moon, all of which can be used to create transparent, honeycomb and marbled effects. To bring the 'sun' out I then used GEDEO Mirror Effect Leaves in gold, which is a foil so you just rub it on to your project. Lastly, and I am not sure you can see them in the photograph but I used gold gilding flakes for sparkle (yes, I know I couldn't resist).

I really hope you have enjoyed tonight's post, it was fun to do. If you do not use a lot of mixed media  and would like to have a go we are going to be running some short workshops in September to give you the opportunity to have a go. It is a really good opportunity to learn about new products and see how they can be used in conjunction with your craft work. I think the gilding flakes is a great example as we use them a lot in our card making at the shop.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and get to do some things crafty.
Dan
x

www.craftboutique84.com


No comments:

Post a Comment