Tuesday 2 June 2015

I Couldn't Leave the Boys Out….

 Photograph World© Geoff Wilkinson - Design World ©  Danielle Wilkinson -  All Rights Reserved

I told you I wouldn't leave the boys out didn't I? So here I am with my second project using the 'Ornate Pram' Speciality Die from Wild Rose Studio. I used our 'Spellbinders Grand Calibur' to cut the die and again I have to say it did the job beautifully.

I used a smooth white 300gsm card for the base and also for the top layer with the pram die cutout. As I chose a pink and white colour theme for the baby girl card I posted on the blog on Friday, I decided to go for a blue and white colour theme for the baby boy card. As you can see from the photograph I used a blue and white striped card under the top layer and stamped the sentiment on white card also on top of a strip of the same blue and white card. I used 'Scotch Double Sided Tape' to stick all the layers. 

I die cut the 'Ornate Pram' in blue pearlised card along with another new Wild Rose Studio die for 2015 called 'Vivianna Corner', which as you can see I used on one of the top corners. To stick down the pram die cutout I used 'Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue'. To stick down the 'Vivianna Corner' 
I used STIX2 foam pads, adding a 3D look to the project. 

The sentiment itself is made up of two stamps from Wild Rose Studio's 'Vivianna Greetings' clear stamp set, stamped with a Versa Craft 'Midnight' ink pad. I often like to create different layers in my projects to make them more interesting, so again I made this 3D by using the foam pads.

For the final touches this time I used some Creative Expressions 5mm white self adhesive pearls in the corner. In the centre of the wheels on the pram and the top of the 'Vivianna Corner' I added blue diamantes. Sparkly, I love it!

This card took a little longer to make than the baby girl card because as you can see it is bigger and there is more on it, even though the prams are in the same place on both. I just wanted to demonstrate that you can use the same die to create different looks.

Look out for a new project post on Friday night.

Happy Crafting!
Dan

You can find us at:
 'eightyfour' 
84 Nightingale Lane, 
Wanstead, 
London E112EZ 
Tel: 0208 530 1244  
www.craftboutique84.com


No comments:

Post a Comment