Tuesday 16 June 2015

It's All A Bit Space Like….

 Photograph World© Geoff Wilkinson - Design World © Lyn Wilkinson All Rights Reserved

With Father's Day being in just a few days we thought it would be a fun way to use some of our new products from WOW! to create a card. As you can see from the photograph, I think the card has turned out to have a space feel to it. 

The card itself is made from 300gsm smooth white card and all the layers have been made out of coloured card called Air Force Blue which I think is a great colour, especially when making cards for men and it works well with so many other colours. I decided to use a simple two colour combination on this project.

The bottom layer was heat embossed using a new background stamp from WOW! called "POP" which was stamped onto the card using a VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad. The WOW! embossing powder colour is called "Metallic Silver Regular". An embossing folder was used to give texture to the second layer and and it was also edged in the silver embossing powder. To stick all the layers of card I used Scotch Double Sided Tape.

For the final layer, I have to be honest and say that I tried to do a few things before I decided to just add a sentiment, everything else just looked a bit too much. So, I am not always keen on my own writing, but I have to say it is amazing what you can do with a VersaMark pen and some silver embossing powder! I think that the simple writing on the top layer works well. 

I also think I could becoming 'addicted' to the great effects you can get with embossing powders! I really like the combination of the embossing powders with an embossing folder as I am a fan of combining textures as it makes all sorts of projects look so interesting.

Happy crafting! We will be back on Friday with another project post, using a stamping technique that is simple but very effective.

Dan
x


No comments:

Post a Comment