Tuesday 19 May 2015

Introducing Wild Rose Studio

  Design and photograph World © Lyn Wilkinson - All rights reserved

Wild Rose Studio is a UK papercraft company owned by a husband and wife team, who you can tell from looking and working with their designs are passionate about creating beautiful products.

We have been stocking their Speciality dies and stamps since opening Craft Boutique at 84 last year and have received great feedback from our customers who have bought the dies and stamps from us.

A few weeks ago on one of my posts I said that I loved black and white together as a colour combination on all things crafty. Well I am also a huge fan of blue and white together as I always think it looks crisp and fresh and that was my inspiration for this card. The base of the card in the photograph above was made using smooth white card, 300gsm. I then added a smaller layer of card in a cornflower blue and topped that with smooth white card again and used the partial die cutting technique on this layer to create the butterfly which is Wild Rose Studio's 'Peacock Butterfly' die. To stick the different layers of card together I used Scotch double sided tape, this is a new favourite product of ours and one we have recently started stocking in the shop.

I then used another Wild Rose Studio die new for 2015 called 'Olivetti Corner', this worked beautifully on two of the opposing corners of the card adding a real ornate feel to it. Using Rangers Liquid Pearls in 'Baby Blue', I decorated the body of each of the butterflies and the tops of the wings and the flowers on each of the corner dies. 

Finally I stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment using a Versacraft ink pad in 'Sky Mist' which I find is a versatile colour when you have introduced blues and greys into a project. The clear stamp itself is also from Wild Rose Studio and I like to use them when I do not want a sentiment to look too over powering, especially on a card.

I hope you have enjoyed your introduction to Wild Rose Studio. Look out for more posts over the next few weeks that will feature more of their Speciality dies and stamps.www.craftboutique84.com

Happy Crafting,
Lyn



No comments:

Post a Comment