Tuesday 12 May 2015

It Certainly Is STAMPENDOUS!

                                           Design and photograph World © Lyn Wilkinson - All rights reserved


Last week we posted a project where I had used some of the latest products to come into the shop, a Jumbo Cling Rubber Set and co -ordinating die from STAMPENDOUS! They really are great to work with, so I have used another one for tonight's post. This time it is the 'Hummingbirds' set as shown in the picture above. 

I stamped the flower and leaf image directly onto a light green piece of lightweight card which using Scotch Double Sided tape (this is used by Sue Wilson on most of her craft projects and has recently become a favourite of ours) I stuck it to the white card itself, which is a 300gsm smooth card


I then stamped and die cut some additional flowers and a hummingbird. For all the stamping I used a Rangers Archival Wendy Vecchi 'Watering Can' ink pad to create a more subtle look. For colouring the flowers I die cut, I used various Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads in 'Seedless Preserves',    'Victorian Velvet' and 'Picked Raspberry' working with a Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool, which is great because it is small and round and easy to work with. 

A technique I like to use is highlighting the centre of the flowers with a small amount of yellow, which I did by using Rangers 'Daffodil' Liquid Pearls. I simply squeezed a small amount in the middle of each flower and dabbed it off immediately with kitchen towel. It leaves traces of the yellow behind, which is very easy to do but very effective. 

To colour the hummingbird I used a variety of 'PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic Chalk' paints such as 'Hey Pesto' and the newly released 'Blue Glass' applied with a water brush. I also used various PaperArtsy paints in green and pinks to colour the leaves and flowers I stamped onto the green card, again using a water brush which is a great way to blend colours. 


I wanted the additional flowers and hummingbird to stand out more so I used Rangers Inkssentials Glossy Accents which created a beautiful shine. I stuck the flowers and hummingbird to the light green background paper using Stix2 foam pads to create a 3D effect. Finally for some finishing touches, I put a small pink self adhesive pearl in the middle of each flower and used a white pearl in the bird's eye.

The wording is part of a rubber stamp set from PaperArtsy, E Lin Brown 06 which I stamped with Versacraft Ink Pad in Spring Green. This stamp set contains 7 different sentiments individually machine trimmed on EZ mount and retails at £19.99, available from our shop in Wanstead and on our website.

I hope you have enjoyed tonight's post, we will be posting another project on Friday evening at 6pm and it really is 'the bee's knees….', that is a little clue. 

Happy Crafting!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment